These muffins are perfectly pumpkiny, deliciously spiced, and coated in the best buttery cinnamon sugar coating.
These pumpkin muffins are perfectly spiced and require just 12 ingredients:
- nondairy milk
- apple cider vinegar
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda & baking powder
- pumpkin pie spice
- granulated sugar & light brown sugar
- pumpkin purée
- vegetable oil
- pure vanilla extract
Once the muffins are baked, you’ll coat them first in melted vegan butter, then in a cinnamon sugar mixture. The result is a ridiculously good, donut-like cinnamon sugar pumpkin muffin.
You can make these into mini muffins too! Use a mini muffin tin and fill the cavities about 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 8-12 minutes. The amounts for the coating may vary slightly, use more or less as needed.
You may also like
Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) nondairy milk
- 2 tsp (10 ml) apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, or lemon juice
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp (8 g) pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (55 g) packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (187 g) pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (113 g) vegan butter, melted
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (8 g) ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Mix the milk and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, sugar and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the pumpkin purée, oil, vanilla and milk mixture.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the muffin tin, filling all 12 cavities.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean or with only crumbs. Once baked, allow to cool while you prepare the coatings.
- Place the melted butter in a small bowl. Stir together the sugar and cinnamon in a separate small bowl.
- For each muffin, remove from the pan and gently coat in the melted butter, then place in the cinnamon sugar mixture and coat well. Set on a serving tray.