If you love Carrot Cake, then these carrot cake pancakes are going to be your newest obsession. They’re easy to make, perfectly spiced, and are absolutely delicious when served with candied walnuts, vegan butter, and syrup.
These pancakes are perfectly spiced and easy to make with the following plant-based ingredients:
- all-purpose flour (measured correctly)
- granulated sugar
- light brown sugar
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- non-dairy milk
- vegetable oil
- pure vanilla extract
- freshly shredded carrots (shred them as thin as you can for the best outcome – we love using our Kitchenaid cheese grater attachment with the smallest blades)
If desired, you can make delicious candied walnuts to top these pancakes with. They’re made of four simple ingredients:
- chopped walnuts
- pure maple syrup
- pure vanilla extract
You may also like
Carrot Cake Pancakes
Candied Walnuts (optional)
- ½ cup (58 g) chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup (60 ml) pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup (156 g) all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled or weighed)
- 3 tbsp (37 g) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (27 g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp (5 g) ground cinnamon
- 1/16 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (55 g) freshly shredded carrots (shredded thin)
- Maple syrup or pancake syrup
- Make the candied walnuts, if desired: Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the pecans and toast for 3-5 minutes, stirring often, until toasted (being careful not to burn). Stir in the maple syrup and cook, stirring often, for another 1-3 minutes, until sticky. Remove from heat and stir in salt and vanilla. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool.
- Make the pancakes: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Make a small well in the center and pour in the milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir until just barely combined, leaving some chunks. Stir in the carrots.
- Heat a bit of oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add 1/4 cup (60 ml) of batter for each pancake (or 1 tbsp [15 ml] batter for mini pancakes; reduce cooking time). Cook for 3-5 minutes, until the bottom is golden-brown, then flip and cook another 1-3 minutes, until golden-brown (you may want to put a lid on to ensure centers get thoroughly cooked).
- Serve the pancakes with the walnuts and syrup.