This pizza replaces pizza sauce with an easy vegan burger sauce and is topped with vegan ground beef, vegan cheese, pickles and sesame seeds all on a crescent crust. Yes, it is as good as it sounds.
The components of this pizza
The crust of this pizza is made out of store-bought crescent dough. A lot of store-bought versions are actually vegan! You can replace this with pizza dough if you’d like, adjust baking temperature/time as needed.
You’ll make a simple, 4-ingredient burger sauce out of vegan mayo, ketchup, pickle juice, and hot sauce. It’s so-dang-good.
Vegan Ground Beef
Just like a classic cheeseburger, this pizza calls for pickle chips. This is definitely a unique addition, but we promise it’s delicious.
You may also like
- 1/2 cup (113 g) vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) ketchup
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 ml) pickle juice
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 8 oz (226 g) vegan ground beef, defrosted if frozen
- 1/2 white or sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (8oz [226 g]) can vegan crescent dough
- Olive oil or melted vegan butter
- 1/2 cup (56 g) vegan cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (56 g) vegan mozzarella cheese
- Dill pickle chips
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Make the sauce: In a small bowl, stir together all sauce ingredients.
- Make the meat: Add oil to a sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the ground beef and onion. Cook, stirring often, until beef is browned and onion translucent, about 10 minutes, chopping up the beef as it cooks. Stir in 1 tbsp (15 ml) of sauce. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Make the pizza: Roll out the crescent dough and place on the baking sheet. Pinch together the edges to create one large rectangle. Brush the top with oil or melted butter. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, spread sauce on the crust, reserving 1/4 cup (60 ml) of sauce for drizzling. Leave a thin crust bare around the edges. Spread the meat mixture over the sauce. Sprinkle both cheeses evenly on top. Finally, place your desired amount of pickles all over.
- Bake 10-14 minutes, until the crust is golden-brown.
- Once out of the oven, brush the outer crust with oil or melted butter and sprinkle sesame seeds on the edges and all over the pizza. Drizzle the reserved sauce on top. Slice into 8 pieces and serve.