This take on Puppy Chow is beyond good. Crunchy rice cereal is coated in white chocolate and a mixture of dry cake mix, powdered sugar, and of course sprinkles! Use festive sprinkles for a holiday twist.
- Vegan white chocolate chips
- Creamy peanut butter
- Vegan butter
- Vegan rice squares
- Vegan sprinkles
- Vegan cake mix
- Powdered sugar
How to make Puppy Chow
If you’ve never made puppy chow before, you’ll find that the process is simple but a little out of the ordinary!
First, make a melty peanut butter chocolate coating (in this recipe, we’re using white chocolate).
Next, coat your rice cereal in the chocolate coating. We’re also adding in some sprinkles at this step!
Finally, add powdered sugar to a large resealable plastic bag (for this recipe, we’re using a mixture of powdered sugar and dry cake mix). Add your cereal to the bag, zip it tight, and shake! The cereal will become coated in the powdered sugar. That’s all! You now have an absolutely delicious chocolatey cereal treat.
Check out some other no-bake desserts!
Funfetti Cake Batter Puppy Chow
- 1 cup (170 g) vegan white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (62 g) creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (113 g) vegan butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups (110 g) vegan rice square cereal
- 1/4 cup (50 g) vegan sprinkles, plus more for topping
- 1 cup (144 g) vegan dry white cake mix (heat treated*)
- 1/2 cup (62 g) powdered sugar
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the white chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Melt in 30 second intervals until completely melted, making sure not to overcook (alternatively you can use a double broiler). Stir in the vanilla.
- Place the cereal into a large bowl. Pour the white chocolate mixture over the cereal.
- Mix completely so that all cereal pieces are covered.
- Fold in the sprinkles.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, add the cake mix and powdered sugar. Pour in the cereal mixture.
- Zip the bag tightly and shake until every piece is covered.
- Pour into a container, top with extra sprinkles, and enjoy!!
- How to heat treat in the microwave: place mix into a bowl and microwave for 1:15, stirring every 15 seconds.
- How to heat treat in the oven: spread mix on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 5 minutes.