These fall-inspired cookie bars are perfectly spiced and made extra delicious with a touch of pumpkin purée. They’re soft and chewy, just like a cookie should be.
You need just twelve simple ingredients for this recipe:
- all-purpose flour (measured correctly)
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- pumpkin pie spice
- vegan butter
- packed light brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- pumpkin purée
- non-dairy milk
- pure vanilla extract
- vegan chocolate chips
You may also like
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
These fall-inspired cookie bars are perfectly spiced and made extra delicious with a touch of pumpkin purée. They're soft and chewy, just like a cookie should be.
- 2 1/2 cups (312 g) all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled* or weighed)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup (170 g) vegan butter*
- 1 cup (220 g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 g) pumpkin purée
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (252 g) vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180°C). Grease a 9″×13″ (22×33 cm) pan and set aside.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice to medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add the butter and sugars to a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat with a hand mixer or the stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the pumpkin, milk, and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-22 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean or with just crumbs.
- Allow to cool slightly and slice into 24 bars.