These cookie bars are soft, chewy, and deliciously loaded with mini chocolate chips and vegan M&Ms. They come together in less than 40 minutes with just 11 ingredients!
- all-purpose flour (always be sure to measure your flour correctly)
- baking soda
- cornstarch (for extra chewiness)
- vegan buttery sticks
- light brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- non-dairy milk
- pure vanilla extract
- vegan mini chocolate chips
- vegan M&Ms
How to make these bars
Press your dough into a lined 9″x13″ pan and press in some more chocolate chips and M&Ms. Bake at 350°F for just 16-18 minutes. The bars will be lightly golden-brown.
Allow to cool, then slice and serve! If you love sweet & salty, top these off with some flaky sea salt.
You may also like
M&M Cookie Bars
- 2 1/4 cups (281 g) all-purpose flour (measured correctly*)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp (5 g) cornstarch
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks [169 g]) vegan buttery sticks, slightly softened*
- 1/3 cup (73 g) packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup (212 g) vegan mini chocolate chips, separated
- 1 1/4 cup vegan M&Ms, separated
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180°C). Grease a 9"×13" (23×33 cm) pan and set aside.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch to medium mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, and sugar to a large mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add the milk and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix until combined.
- Fold in 1 cup mini chocolate chips and 1 cup M&Ms.
- Press the cookie dough evenly into the prepared pan. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup M&Ms and gently press in.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 16-18 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean or with just crumbs.
- Allow to cool then slice into 24 bars.