The cauliflower pieces are dipped in a mixture of flour (this is an organic option!), water, and spices, baked (not fried!), then brushed with BBQ sauce.
If cauli wingz are your things, check out our other recipes!
Spicy BBQ Cauliflower Wingz
This recipe makes the perfect appetizer, side dish, or let's be honest, we've eaten an entire batch for dinner. They are super simple and easy-to-make too!
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- black pepper to taste we used a few dashes
- 3 tbsp barbecue sauce extra for dippin'
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop the cauliflower into roughly bite-size pieces and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour with water and whisk.
- Add the sriracha, garlic powder and black pepper to the flour/water mixture and whisk again.
- Coat each piece of cauliflower with the batter (this can be done by either dunking each piece individually or by mixing all of the cauliflower into the bowl to get them evenly coated).
- Put the cauliflower on the baking sheet, letting excess batter drip off before putting on the sheet (I do this by using a pair of kitchen tongs and lightly shaking each piece before placing it down).
- Put the cauliflower into the oven and let them bake for 35 minutes.
- Take the cauliflower out and lightly brush them with barbecue sauce. Put back in the oven and let bake for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with more BBQ sauce or even some vegan ranch (yum)!