The cauliflower pieces are dipped in a mixture of:
flour (this is an organic option!)
They’re baked (not fried!), then tossed in BBQ sauce and baked a little more
So easy, and SO good.
If cauliflower wingz are your thing, check out our other recipes!
Spicy BBQ Cauliflower Wingz
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- a dash black pepper we used a few dashes
- 1/4+ cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop the cauliflower into roughly bite-size pieces and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour with water and whisk.
- Add the sriracha, garlic powder, black pepper and salt to the flour/water mixture and whisk again.
- Coat each piece of cauliflower with the batter (this can be done by either dunking each piece individually or by mixing all of the cauliflower into the bowl to get them evenly coated).
- Put the cauliflower on the baking sheet, letting excess batter drip off before putting on the sheet (we like to do this by using a pair of kitchen tongs and lightly shaking each piece before placing it down).
- Put the cauliflower into the oven and let them bake for ~35 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Take the cauliflower out and place them into a mixing bowl with the barbecue sauce. Toss to coat the wings evenly in sauce. If you feel that you need more barbecue sauce to fully coat, add more in 1 tbsp increments until all the wings are lightly coated.
- Place the wings back on the lined baking sheet. Put back in the oven and let bake for 5 more minutes, or until they are fully cooked and crisp to your liking.
- Serve with more BBQ sauce or even some vegan ranch (yum)!