This take on Puppy Chow adds a delicious and unique Biscoff flavor. If you love puppy chow and you love cookie butter, then this recipe is a must.
You need just six simple ingredients for this recipe:
Vegan Rice or Wheat Squares Cereal
How to make this puppy chow
Puppy chow is one of the easiest desserts to throw together and can be ready in just 20 minutes. First, melt chocolate, cookie butter, and vegan butter until smooth and creamy. Stir in some pure vanilla extract.
Pour this over rice square cereal and combine until very well coated.
Into a large resealable plastic bag, add some powdered sugar and about half of the cereal mixture. Top it off with a bit more powdered sugar, zip the bag tight, and shake, shake, shake! All of the cereal pieces should be well coated.
Pour the puppy chow into a serving bowl or container of choice, then repeat with the second half of the mixture. Done!
You may also like
Cookie Butter Puppy Chow
- 1 (12 oz [340 g]) box rice squares
- 1 1/2 cups (255 g) vegan chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups (360 g) creamy cookie butter
- 1/4 cup (56 g) vegan butter
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 3+ (375g+) cups powdered sugar
- Crushed Biscoff cookies (optional)
- Add the cereal to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add the chocolate chips, cookie butter, and butter to a medium-sized microwaveable bowl (or melt using a double broiler).
- Microwave for about a minute. Stir the mixture, then microwave in 15 second intervals (stirring after each) until melted and creamy.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal. Mix until the pieces are well coated.
- Open up a large resealable plastic bag. Pour in 1 cup (125 g) of powdered sugar, then about half of your cereal mixture. On top, add another 1/2 cup (62 g) of powdered sugar and zip the bag tightly.
- Start shaking the bag (we recommend doing this over a sink or garbage can in case of any spills or loose powdered sugar!) and shake until the pieces are evenly coated. Add more powdered sugar, if needed. Pour into a clean bowl/container. Add some crushed Biscoff cookies, if using.
- Repeat steps 6 through 8 with the second half of your cereal (you can use the same bag if the seal still works).
- Serve and enjoy! If desired, top with some crushed Biscoff cookies. This stays fresh in a tightly sealed container for 2-3 days.