It’s NATIONAL COOKIE DAY and we’re going all out.
We have so many cookie recipes on the blog that’ll fulfill any of your vegan cookie needs. To name a few…
…But wait, there’s more! In this recipe, we’re updating our classic chewy chocolate chip cookies with THREE different types of chocolate plus a good helping of flaky sea salt (we use this kind – it has HUGE flakes!). Oh, and there’s 1/4 cup of dough in each cookie.
Giant Salted Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup vegan buttery spread
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips plus extra for topping
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips plus extra for topping
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks plus extra for topping
- flaky sea salt for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the flour (measured correctly, see notes*), salt, baking soda, and cornstarch.
- In a larger mixing bowl, add the margarine, milk, sugars, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer.
- Add ~half of the flour mixture to the wet mixture and use a rubber scraper to combine. Add the rest and mix until combined.
- Fold in all the chocolate chips.
- Place ~1/4 cup balls of dough on your baking sheet. Top each with extra chocolate and a sprinkle of salt. Want them to be extra big? Double the amount of dough and add a few more minutes to the baking time
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, until they are baked to your liking. Sprinkle extra salt right when they come out of the oven.