For the fifth day of The 12 Days of Vegan Christmas, we’re sharing the recipe for these Loaded Smashed Potatoes. These potatoes are made extra crispy and loaded up with vegan cheese, vegan sour cream, vegan bacon, and green onion. Yes, they are as good as they sound.
The 12 Days of Vegan Christmas
Today is day 5 of our annual 12 Days of Vegan Christmas, where we share 12 holiday-inspired vegan recipes leading up to Christmas day.
Day 1: Creamy Alfredo Casserole
Day 4: Sugar Cookie Dip
Day 5: Today!
You need the following plant-based ingredients for these smashed potatoes:
- baby gold potatoes
- vegan butter
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder and onion powder
- vegan cheddar cheese shreds
- cashew cream or vegan sour cream
- 6-8 pieces vegan bacon, cooked and diced
- green onions
You may also like
Loaded Smashed Potatoes
- 2 lb (907 g) baby gold potatoes
- 2 tbsp (28 g) vegan butter melted
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese shreds
- 1/2 cup (113 g) cashew cream or vegan sour cream
- 6-8 pieces vegan bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Fill a large stockpot 3/4 of the way full with water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the potatoes and allow them to boil for 20-25 minutes, until fork tender.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and grease a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter, pepper, salt, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Once the potatoes are done boiling, drain, rinse and pat dry. Spread them out on the prepared baking sheet. Using the back of a fork or a potato masher, lightly smash each potato.
- Brush each potato with the butter mixture, then bake for 15 minutes. Take out and sprinkle the cheddar all over top. Bake for 5 more minutes, or until the potatoes are crispy and the cheese is melty.
- Dollop cashew cream or sour cream on the pieces. Sprinkle with the cooked bacon and green onions. Serve with more salt and pepper, if desired.