Not only are boxed cake mixes often vegan, but with this simple hack, you can turn a box of cake mix into deliciously soft and chewy vegan cookies! You just need a total of 3-4 ingredients and a few minutes to have perfect cookies that are reminiscent of the boxed cakes we all grew up making.
You need just three ingredients to make these cookies:
- 1 box of vegan funfetti cake mix
- 1/3 cup of vegan butter, melted and cooled, or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of nondairy milk (choose your favorite!)
And, if desired, throw in some vegan mini chocolate chips!
How to make these boxed cake mix cookies
This recipe couldn’t get any easier.
Simply stir together the cake mix, butter, and milk until a thick dough forms. Stir in the chocolate chips, if using. Roll into balls of dough and bake at 350°F for 9-11 minutes. That’s all!
Variations of this recipe
These cookies are super customizable – just grab your favorite boxed cake mix, vegan butter or oil, your nondairy milk of choice, and any add-ins you’d like! Here are some delicious combinations:
- Triple Chocolate: Chocolate cake mix + vegan chocolate chips + vegan white chocolate chips
- White Chip Red Velvet: Red velvet cake mix + vegan white chocolate chips
- Vanilla Almond: Vanilla cake mix + almond extract
- Monster: Vanilla cake mix + vegan chocolate chips + vegan chocolate candies
You may also like
Classic Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pressure Cooker Gooey Funfetti Cookie
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
Frosted Sugar Cookies
Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 (~15.5 oz [439 g]) box vegan funfetti cake mix
- 1/3 cup (80 g) vegan butter, melted and cooled* (or vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) nondairy milk
- 2/3 cup (113 g) vegan mini chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, butter, and milk. Mix to combine – a thick dough will form.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, if using.
- Scoop out ~1.5 tbsp (25 g) pieces of dough and roll into balls. Place on the prepared baking sheets, leaving room in between for spreading.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until puffy and lightly golden-brown. Allow to cool on baking sheets, then enjoy!
Super tasty and so quick & easy! Thank you!