These cookies are soft, chewy, and dipped into a delicious maple-flavored glaze. They’re topped off with some sprinkles for a cute and tasty crunch.
The 12 Days of Vegan Christmas
Today is day 8 of our annual 12 Days of Vegan Christmas, where we share 12 holiday-inspired vegan recipes leading up to Christmas day.
Day 1: Creamy Alfredo Casserole
Day 2: Double Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
Day 3: Kale and Caramelized Onion Dip
Day 4: Sugar Cookie Dip
Day 5: Loaded Smashed Potatoes
Day 6: Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Biscoff Cookies
Day 7: Creamy Garlic Tofu and Mushrooms
Day 8: Today!
For the gingerbread cookies, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- all-purpose flour (measured correctly)
- baking soda
- ginger, cinnamon and cloves
- vegan butter
- granulated sugar
- light or dark brown sugar
- non-dairy milk
- pure vanilla extract
For the maple glaze, you’ll need:
- vegan butter, softened
- maple syrup
- powdered sugar
- nondairy milk
- maple extract (optional)
Finally, you’ll top these off with some vegan sprinkles.
You can make lots of variations of these cookies! Here are a few options:
- Peppermint: Replace the maple extract in the glaze with mint extract, then top the cookies with crushed candy canes.
- White Chocolate: Dip these cookies into melted vegan white chocolate rather than the maple glaze. Top them with sprinkles, crushed candy canes, or chopped up peppermint bark!
- Frosted: Swirl some vegan vanilla frosting on top of these cookies
- Sandwich Cookies: Swirl some vegan vanilla or maple frosting on the bottom of one cookie, then top with another cookie.
You may also like
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Brown Sugar Cookies
Maple Glazed Gingerbread Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups (281 g) all-purpose flour (measured correctly*)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp (6 g) cornstarch
- 2 tsp (5 g) ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 cup (169 g) vegan butter, softened*
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) molasses
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp (10 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (28 g) vegan butter, softened
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 cup (125 g) powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) nondairy milk, plus more as needed
- 1/2 tsp maple extract (optional)
- Vegan sprinkles
- Make the cookies: Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line three baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, cornstarch, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter, sugar and molasses. Beat until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Add the milk and vanilla and beat again until smooth and creamy.
- Add about half of the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until just combined. Add the rest and mix until just combined.
- Roll out ~1.5 tbsp (22 g) balls of dough. Place on the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2″ (5 cm) between each.
- Bake in the oven for 9-11 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, beat all ingredients. Add more milk, as needed, to create a slightly thick glaze that is able to be easily dipped into.
- Dip each cookie into the glaze and place on parchment paper or wax paper. Immediately top with sprinkles, allow to set, and enjoy!
- Measure your flour using the spoon-and-level method.
- For best results, you should use vegan buttery sticks. You should soften for 30 minutes to one hour before using.